Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Winter Wonderland- Great Weather

Sure this time of the year is known for snow and cold harsh weather;however that was not the case this past weekend- it was completely opposite with nice crisp fall weather. This meant spending as much time outdoors as possible. I enjoyed a weekend filled with great friends and wonderful family.

Friday night I headed back home(NJ) for the night to have a Shabbat dinner with a very close family friend who was visiting from Israel. She made the move back in Feb and this was her first time back since that move. It was wonderful to catch up with her, hear all about her new life. I am looking forward to my trip to Israel this Feb/March and seeing her in her territory.

Saturday was here before I knew it. Back to city to enjoy the afternoon with friends; shopping for the holidays and enjoying lunch by Union Square. After lunch we went our separate ways and I decided to do some more holiday shopping and walk home.
The Union Square Holiday Market is a "must-see". There were some great shops such as these:




The next stop of my walking tour back home was Lord & Taylor a place where my mom and I would shop often. She loved to see the windows and celebrate the season looking at the windows and the tree at Rockefeller Center. So I paid tribute to my mom by viewing the windows and raiding the racks; just for fun-No purchase necessary.

While walking along 5th Avenue I found myself drawn to the choir that was on the steps of the New York Public Library. They were simply amazing and a joy to listen to.
I found myself taking photos of decorated trees in front of the many office buildings on Madison & Park Avenue. I won't bore you with all the tree's but I believe I took about 50+ photos.

Sunday started early with a 10am trip down to the East Village to visit friends who just moved in on St. Marks Place. We decided to stop at the apartment first and then it was off to brunch with our closest friends. Oops I can't remember the name of the Jazz place but it was amazing! As brunch ended I asked Abby to join me on a quick trip to Bloomingdale's to purchase a tree ornament for a family friend's holiday party we will be attending in a few weeks. After that it was a quick walk home; a change and out the door to run in Central Park. I never thought I would say this, but I enjoy running. I am looking forward to my first half marathon in Las Vegas next December, and can't wait to run some 5k's in the meantime.

Every good weekend comes to an end, and I am looking forward to this week. Tuesday night I will attend my Alumni Reception at Dylan's Candy Bar which I have helped organize.

Enjoy the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment