Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friends

One of my very dear friends from college posted this earlier:

 Does anybody really know how they met everybody on our friends list? Here is a task for you. I want all my FB friends to comment on this status about how you met me. After you comment, copy this to your status so I can do the same. You will be amazed at the answers you get in 24 hours.


My response was this:
Tracy Schwartz No I know how I met the ones that mean so much to me; the ones who keep me grounded; the ones that love me unconditionally; the ones I care about...like you my friend :)

Friends are more than just someone you follow on Facebook. They are the ones you count on in the good times and the bad, to fun and the sad. Friends are the people you know you can count on when time are hard and when times are easy. They help to keep you grounded and sane. It's good friends that won't leave you hanging for the next best thing that comes into their life. I am still close with a few of my childhood friends from elementary school, friends I met at sleep away camp, friends from college and friends I have met through my jobs and the Internet. (That includes you blog buddies).

Recently I have neglected friendships that mean the world to me, because I wasn't sure I could be a good friend to them. But I was wrong, my friends will love me for me, even when I am not always feeling my best. So this holiday season I plan to let my friends know that I cherish them. I am thankful for the friends I hope they all know that.

1 comment: