Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Slow Down & Enjoy Life

More and more lately I have noticed that I am constantly rushing to get places, without really enjoying the moments in life. I always said to myself slow down, what is the rush. Where do I have to be that second? Lately I have also seemed to be more and more impatient. For example yesterday I was in the garage to get a suitcase/printer out of my car for my cousin. There were about 80 cars to many in the parking lot and 2 attendants manning the garage. I was told by one gentlemen my car was on top and it would be a while. I decided to  find my car myself, and good thing cause it wasn't up top. This frustrated me even more triggering me to yell at the man, who was only doing his job. In the grand scheme of things it was easier for me to find the car, empty the contents and move on with my day without even speaking with the attendant.

To be honest I don't have any reason to rush anywhere or lose my patience on innocent people who have done no harm to me. I keep telling myself to slow down. I found this wonderful picture:


It reminds me to slow down and enjoy the beauty around me. Enjoy each present moment!

With 2012 just beginning I am starting with a clean slate. An empty canvas that I will fill with moments in life that make me happy, that I enjoy without rushing to get through them. I am not big into making resolutions so this blank canvas that I fill will be one big combinations of what resolutions I would have made if I believed in making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment