Monday, August 29, 2011

My Favorite Time of the Year

No it isn't my birthday.

No it isn't Hanukkah.

No Fall is not my favorite season.

Big City Sporting Event:

Yes, it's two solid weeks of tennis, THE US OPEN!!! Tonight the Empire State Building is lit yellow, for the opening day of the US Open. For as long as I can remember my dad would take my mom or I to the Open almost every year. The past few years mom and I made a ritual to watch it together staying up all night and picking out our crushes(sorry dad, your no Nadal).

Growing up I used play tennis with a league; stopping when I entered high school. To this day I wish I still played on that level. Now I play for fun, which is still great!

This year I will be DVRing every day match and hopefully watching every night match. I might still try to get tickets, we will see how successful I am.

Out of 52 weeks in the year these are my two favorite hands down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment