Wednesday, September 7, 2011

After Work Activity

As my co-worker and I escaped our crazy work day, we headed out for a quick (45min) lunch in hopes to discuss anything but work. As the conversation started to flow we quickly realized much of what we actually talked about seemed to relate back to work.

She asked me the small talk questions:
1) What are you doing this weekend?
2) How was your past weekend?
3) How is the family?

It was at that moment she said, Tracy " Do you have after work activities you participate in or a hobby you truly enjoy?" And the question has been in the back of my head ever since. Lately I have been so involved with work that there is no time for anything fun, since I come home exhausted. It's true what they say, your much happier, healthier, and more reasonable when you partake in activities outside of work. You need a work/life balance so that you reach your highest potential at work and your enjoyable to work with.

Our conversation was perfect for tonight since I was headed to a JWU Alumni Leadership Meeting. In
Metro NYC alone there are over 5K+ JWU Alumni, yet we don't have a chapter. The meeting tonight was talk about leadership and how to participate. I plan to take on a leadership role once we have the chapter up and running.

I am also going to dedicate more time to running, reading blogs, hanging out with friends, and volunteering.These are hobbies that I want to pursue.

What are some of your hobbies or after work activities?

1 comment:

  1. Creating a self outside of work requires some effort, but the rewards are exponential.

    ReplyDelete