Saturday, September 24, 2011

"May The Schwartz Be With You"

September 18th 2011 25 closest family and friends joined team "May The Schwartz Be With You" in Central Park for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I have been a participant for this 5K for now the 11th year. For many of those 11 years I walked in honor of my mother who was fighting breast cancer. However; this was the 2nd year I walked in memory of my mother and honor of my grandmother who was recently diagnosed but now in remission. The sun was shining as we walked through central park sharing memories of my mom :) I know right now she is smiling down on us and proud of who my sister and I are becoming along with the rest of my family.

Leanna & I

"May the Schwartz be with you" (Dad was taking picture)

Bean (sister)& I

My two best friends ( Leanna, Me & Helena)

The Haar/Danziger Family ( ps. I grew up with Jaci and now she is a mom)

Jaci & Eli

3 out of 4 ( Ellen, Charyl, Lori)
We all miss you mom

Emma & Mark

Shari & Amanda


We had a wonderful morning sharing stories about my mom. This is the 2nd year for "May The Schwartz Be With You" and this year we raised close to $1700 with a goal of $2500. Donations are being accepted until October 31st; here is the link if you still want to make a difference:

One day I hope there is a cure for cancer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment