Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Do you know October is? Well from my title I bet you figured it out; Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is a very important month for me as many of you know I lost my mother to Breast Cancer June 2010.

There are so many organizations that sell products and donate the proceeds to different organizations. The NYC PR Girls list some great companies that give back.  I would highly recommend your check out there blog.

My family every year gets together for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in NYC. Last year was the first year we made a team in honor of my mother, "May the Schwartz Be With You". Her strength and courage where felt by all who joined us in the park or who made a donation. We set out to raise $2500 and are currently at $1759. If you would like to donate, even a dollar will make a difference please donate here. We appreciate any and all donations!



Everyone please if I make one request, please make sure to have your annual check-ups. No one is two young or old, healthy or sick to be affected. Don't be another statistic!

Happy Fall!!

1 comment:

  1. As a breast cancer survivor, I really appreciate your post. I've never been able to be part of our local Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, but people say that when they announce the name of each person stricken with breast cancer, chills run up your spine. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete