Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Crappy Day Makes for Low Key Night

Sure everyone has a crappy day and for some people posting about it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc makes them feel better. Sure their friends & family are usually the first to know and can usually make them feel better, but what about complete strangers who follow you on Twitter. If you wrote about everything crappy in your life you would sound depressed and miserable which might make people not want to follow you. My point is learn where and when to post about having a bad day.

Since most of my friends and family are on Facebook & Twitter and follow my blog I decided this would be the easiest way to let them know: NO I DIDN'T GET INTO GRAD SCHOOL FOR SPRING SEMESTER. Sure I am bummed after I studied for the GRE'S and finalized my application on the beach in FL. My test results are good for 5 years, there are other schools out there, hey even other job opportunities, so yes I am bummed but I am already moving on and planning my next move.

My father used to joke that whenever we would share news ( good or bad) with him he would call the local newspaper, because there was no need for secrets. He was right, why hide behind the truth, no matter what he will always support any decision I make.

I am working on enhancing my social media skills, taking classes at the local 92nd Street Y, spending time with family & friends, and working on making jewelry

Sure you might have a bad day here and there, but make more better days.

My low key night consisted of cooking dinner, curling up with a cup of hot cocoa, and watching Law & Order: SVU(favorite TV show).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't get accepted into the grad school I wanted for spring semester either. :( (if you care to read my post it's called Applications & Disappointments). Definitely don't stress about it; it means you have a different path to take in life. OH, and I found your blog on 20sb. ^^

    ReplyDelete