Monday, March 12, 2012

Holy Nerves

Being in sunny Florida, I should be relaxing enjoying my vacation; however I have a million thoughts running through my head- my nerves are getting the better of me. I have a big show for work, my "childhood" home has sold and we are moving this week, my birthday is around the corner, and I am making changes in my life; somehow it all seems to be happening at the same time. 

Normally my stress/nerves reliever would be chocolate but not these days, these days I am running. I am running because I am determined to run the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon on Dec 3, 2012. I need to run a few 5k's before I can register for this race. So hopefully once these crazy few weeks are behind me I can map out what 5k's I want to run. Here is to writing it down, and holding myself accountable for my actions here on out. 

Since I have been on vacation and eating out for dinner, I have been having salads, chicken and avocado sandwich, and soups. When I get home I will be cleaning out my fridge, reading healthy life-style blogs, finding recipes I would love to cook and making it a priority. If I don't take care of myself, then who will- No one. 

For some people, battling nerves is easy, for me I need to work on it. I need to take each nerve and fix them one by one. So from here on out I will share journal posts on how I am getting over my nerves. 

Ahh we move on Thursday- it feels so weird I keep telling my sister, who keeps reminding me I am not moving back home so why does it bother me. It doesn't bother me, I'm just sad as that was the last place filled with memories of my mom. I know I will always have the memories, it just will take time to get over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment